When summer rolls around, you are going to want to make sure that your air conditioner is in good working condition. Of course, for some of you, that might mean having to invest in a new system — and that’s okay!
We understand that buying a new air conditioner can be stressful, which is why we are here to help. Below, we have highlighted some things for you to keep in mind as you begin the process of investing in a new AC. All you have to do is keep reading to find out more!
Some Helpful Hints for Buying a New Air Conditioner
1) Consider Your Options
Many homeowners assume that they must replace their current AC with an updated version of that system. However, when it comes time to purchase a new system, you’ve got all the options in the world! You might find that switching from a central AC to a heat pump is the best way to go. Or, you may find that a ductless system better suits your home. Either way, it is best to consider all your options in order to make an informed decision:
- Central AC: Central air conditioners are the most common types of air conditioning systems. They are reliable, efficient, and effective. These forced-air systems utilize a network of ducts to deliver cool, conditioned air to every part of your home.
- Heat Pumps: Heat pumps work much like a standard AC, but with one exception: the reversing valve. The reversing valve is what allows homeowners to reverse the flow of refrigerant through the system, allowing for home heating in addition to cooling.
- Ductless Systems: Ductless systems are a type of heat pump that do not rely on a network of ducts. Instead, they utilize multiple indoor air handlers to circulate conditioned air. These systems are a great alternative for homeowners whose homes lack the space for ductwork.
2) Consult with a Professional
When it comes to your air conditioning in Apex, NC, you want to be sure that you are getting the absolute most for your money. Therefore, it is important to consult with an HVAC professional before any final decisions are made. A professional technician will be able to match you with the system that is going to best meet your unique comfort needs!
3) Professional Installation is a Must!
You want to be sure that your new air conditioner, no matter what type, is installed safely and correctly the first time. That is why it is important to invest in professional AC installation services.
Before your new system can be installed, it must be properly sized to ensure that is neither oversized nor undersized, as an improperly sized air conditioner will fail to work efficiently and effectively. After your technician ensures that the system is a good fit, he or she will install it accordingly. The goal of professional installation is to maximize comfort, efficiency, and performance, so you don’t want to skip out on these services!
To learn more about installing a new air conditioner in your home, contact Ideal Services Heating & Cooling today!