Our temperatures are heading toward 90, and the humidity is inching up as well. Are you thinking about installing air conditioning to make this summer more comfortable? If so, Ideal Services Heating & Cooling are the people to call. We offer several choices of air conditioners for your Fuquay Varina, NC air conditioning installation, including traditional central, ductless and geothermal systems. So what factors should you think about when choosing which air conditioning system is right for you? Let’s start with the types of ACs available.
Types of Air Conditioners
Knowing what options you have for air conditioning is the first factor to consider when looking for an air conditioning system:
- Traditional split-system – a very commonly used model, a split-system air conditioner has an outdoor unit that contains the compressor and condenser and an indoor unit that houses the evaporator and blower; the indoor unit is often attached to the furnace. Ductwork is needed to deliver the cool air with a split-system air conditioner.
- Ductless air conditioner – a popular choice with commercial properties, ductless air conditioners are fast becoming a popular choice for residential properties as well. As the name indicates, these types of air conditioners don’t need air ducts to deliver the cool air; instead, individual blowers deliver the cool air, enabling for zone control. Ductless ACs have an outdoor unit very similar to that of a traditional split-system air conditioner, and the blowers connect to it through a conduit placed into an exterior wall. One outdoor unit can support up to 4 blowers.
- Heat pumps– Heat pumps use ambient heat when heating, but work very similarly to a traditional split-system air conditioner when cooling.
- High velocity systems – high velocity cooling systems use multiple small, flexible ducts to deliver the cooling using a technique called aspiration. Because the ductwork is small in diameter – about the width of a CD – and made of flexible material, homes without ducts can be easily ducted using the high velocity system.
- Geothermal cooling – geothermal heating and cooling uses the steady temperature of the ground below the freezing point (about 55 degrees) in a looping system to both heat and cool your home. When it comes to cooling, a geothermal system will work like a traditional air conditioner in that it moves heat from a warmer place to a cooler one.
Other Factors to Consider
Now that you’ve seen what types of air conditioners are available, it’s time to consider other factors:
- How much cooling does your home really need?
- What is your budget range for the purchase?
- How much energy efficiency do you want?
- Do you have ductwork in your home?
- Are you looking for a system that may be more “green” than another?
Determining how much cooling your home will need involves calculating a number of items, all of which your Ideal Services Heating & Cooling specialist is trained to do. Once you know how much cooling you need, you’ll know what size air conditioner is required to cool your home properly. You can then choose what type of AC works best for your needs.
Always Work with a Professional
An air conditioner is not only a big purchase, it’s a long-term one. That’s why it’s so important to work with a trained specialist when it comes to your air conditioning service in Fuquay Varina, NC. Call Ideal Services Heating & Cooling today to schedule an appointment.