Purchasing and installing a new air conditioning system can have many great benefits, but it all starts with choosing the system that works best for you, your family and your home. There are a number of air conditioners on the market, and helping you find what type is best for your air conditioning installation in Cary, NC, is one of the services Ideal Services Heating & Cooling has been offering customers for 20 years.
What Is a Heat Pump?
A heat pump is a device that transfers heat from one location to another. When cooling, a heat pump removes the heat from the indoors and moves it outdoors. For heating, it pulls heat from the air, water or ground and transfers it indoors.
What Are the Advantages of a Heat Pump?
- Both heats and cools – a heat pump is a 2-in-1 device that both heats and cools your home
- Very energy efficient – a heat pump uses a small amount of electricity to operate, eliminating the use of large amounts of electricity or fossil fuels; this also makes them very environmentally friendly
- Saves space – because of its 2-in-1 nature, a heat pump can help free up space that is taken up by a furnace or air conditioner
- Cleaner and odorless – because heat pumps do not use fossil fuels, they are cleaner to operate and do not produce an odor associated with the fuel
What Are the Disadvantages of Installing a Heat Pump?
There aren’t many, but here are the two most common ones:
- Initial installment costs may be higher than an air conditioning system – however, these are often off-set by the long-term energy savings
- Heat pumps will need a back-up for areas where the temperature goes below 40 degrees
A heat pump can be a good option for air conditioning in your home, but it is always best to work with a professional to determine what system is the best choice.
If you still have questions about using a heat pump for your air conditioning installation in Cary, NC, call Ideal Services Heating & Cooling today and schedule an appointment.